On February 6th 2019 twelve-hundred student job hunters are expected to arrive at the Glasgow University Union where students and graduates will be able to meet with around fifty of the UK's most sought after organisations looking for new recruits.
Graduate and student job seekers from any university across Britain will get the chance to hook up with employers from a wide range of industries and at the same time find out more about opportunities tailored to meet today’s competitive jobs market.
Employers from top business organisations in key UK employment sectors from technology giants Dell and software developers Turnkey, to the global accountancy and professional services practice KPMG will be there, and all of them will be looking to recruit talented new graduates into both the private and public sectors. Some of Scotland’s Top Universities will be attending: University of Glasgow, University of Strathclyde and Heriot-Watt University along with the highly regarded University of Bath. The Civil Service Fast Stream will also be looking for the brightest and best, as will, Save the Children, professional services multinational and Times top-ranked graduate employer, Price Waterhouse Cooper and of course, the events main sponsor, Morgan Stanley the world famous US investment bank.
This year students can:
- Pop along to the Professional Pitch-it Zone area where employers will provide useful information, hints and tips.
- Get career advice from Glasgow University’s team of Career Managers.
- Update your professional profile picture.
- Meet stylists from high street fashion retailers Slaters and Marks & Spensers for some style advice that could give you the edge at interview.
- This year there’s also a chance to have a caricature of yourself done that you can use as a fun profile picture and there’s also the chance to win prizes, tons of freebies and more...
The event will take place on Wednesday 6th February, across the whole of the historic Glasgow University Union. Doors open at 11am until 3pm and there's no need to register until you arrive on the door.
Don’t miss this great opportunity. Entry is FREE.
For more information and a full list of potential employers exhibiting visit: University of Glasgow's Careers Service
Keep in touch using the #UofGCareers, or why not download our App from the App Store, or Google Play - it's easy just search Careers Fair Plus
Read more articles mentioning the University of Glasgow
READ THE PUBLISHED ARTICLE